WSI Announces Advanced, Intellicast Interactive App
Dec. 20, 2010, Andover, MA – WSI (Weather Services International), the global weather authority, today announced that Intellicast.com, its expert weather website, is now available as a free, downloadable, iPad application from Apple App Store.
The new iPad offering combines Intellicast.com’s leading-edge, meteorological content with a best-in-class user interface. The result is a superior, mobile application that keeps active users ahead of the forecast with weather information for locations world-wide.
“Combining an array of cutting-edge weather tools, Intellicast.com’s new iPad application now makes smart forecasting information available to everyone on the go,” said Jim Menard, WSI's Vice President of Digital Initiatives. "Now, wherever and whenever they choose, Intellicast users can get the same high caliber of weather information they’ve come to expect from the Intellicast site.”
Features of the new application include:
- NOWrad HD, the most timely high definition interactive radar for the United States
- Blended infrared and visible high-resolution cloud imagery for North America and the surrounding waters
- Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index showing weather related road hazards
- High resolution temperatures, wind speeds and snow cover
- Real-time earthquake plotting
- Doppler radar storm tracking which identifies severe weather cells and their likely path
- Hurricane, typhoon and tropical cyclone tracking
- The industry’s most accurate forecasts for over 50,000 locations around the world
- Fully integrated GPS and user defined location awareness
- Color coded severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
Users can download the Intellicast.com iPad app by clicking here
As a business unit of WSI, Intellicast.com has provided expert weather information to weather savvy users since 1996. With the most technically advanced site-specific weather forecasting system in the world today, the result of a multi-million dollar research project, Intellicast.com delivers site-specific forecasts for 60,000 sites in the U.S. and around the globe. From detailed local forecasts to hurricane tracks, severe weather warnings to international conditions, Intellicast.com has the active weather tools business professionals and outdoor enthusiast have come to rely on, consistently making it one of the top five weather sites on the Internet.
WSI is the most trusted source of weather information across the globe. WSI is recognized as the world's leading source of professional on-air weather systems and forecasting tools for television. More of America’s leading broadcasting and cable companies choose WSI than any other weather provider. WSI is a member of The Weather Channel Companies and is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts with offices in Birmingham, England. The Weather Channel Companies are owned by a consortium made up of NBC Universal and the private equity firms The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital.
Rudolph Communications, LLC