Executive Dashboard Alerts Insurers When Severe Weather is Impacting Their Policyholders
Andover, MA, Nov. 20, 2013 - WSI (Weather Services International), the most trusted global weather solutions provider, today announced the launch of WeatherFX Response.
Instead of waiting for claims to roll in from policyholders, Property & Casualty Insurers are now able to make more confident decisions knowing when and where damaging weather is occurring or about to occur.
On one interactive, executive dashboard, WeatherFXTM Response enables users to:
1. Quickly assess multiple perils impacting a critical number of households,
2. Identify widespread areas that have a substantial risk of receiving wind damage, hail and tornadoes up to 3 days in advance,
3. Set up e-mail and text messaging alerts that can be sent to mobile devices when critical business thresholds are reached,
4. Monitor real-time weather radar and social media feeds to understand where the worst of a disaster has struck so that resources can be deployed accordingly and,
5. Proactively text message or email policyholders in an impacted area by circling a geographic region.
“WeatherFX Response delivers a combination of cutting edge science with on the ground reports from social media,” said Andy Rice, Vice President and General Manager of WSI’s Enterprise Division. “Our product and science teams have incorporated the very latest in radar technology, known as dual polarization, making detection of debris lofted from a tornado possible. However, we recognize that radar algorithms alone are only part of the story. This is why we’ve incorporated social media -- so that catastrophe teams can verify radar data with real time reports and begin to concentrate resources quickly and accurately.”
WeatherFX Response provides a competitive, weather-based edge by:
- Displaying weather peril that only exceed organizationally defined business rules
- Delivering actionable e-mail and text messages to key decision makers in real time when a potential catastrophe is occurring or about to occur
- Bringing an industry-first tornado debris radar signature to market using dual polarization radar technology, and hail swaths from the NSSL
- Integrating social media feed to fill in deficiencies in radar data and provide reports on the ground
- Connecting insurers to its policyholders via text or email immediately before or after an event through the integration of WeatherFX Alert -- the only application that provides predictive hail and lightning alerts
WSI expects to add unique hurricane and tropical storm forecasts in early 2014, as well as building upon our comprehensive suite of tornado, hail and flash flood offerings.
To learn more about WeatherFX Response and/or to evaluate the platform via a special free trial offer, contact Ray Hawthorne at email@example.com or 608-236-4331.
About WSI Corporation
WSI is the world's leading provider of weather-driven business solutions for professionals in the aviation, energy and media markets, as well as multiple federal and state government agencies. WSI is a member of The Weather Channel Companies and is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts with offices in Madison, Wisconsin and Birmingham, England. The Weather Channel Companies are owned by a consortium made up of NBC Universal and the private equity firms The Blackstone Group and Bain Capital.